Mindsphere City Graph - the power of data for Smart Cities
Unleash the power of data for Smart Cities through openness, AI, and live execution in Digital Twins.
You aim for improving operational efficiency but worry about cost, openness, privacy, and citizen support?
You would like to digitally transform your district, campus, or infrastructure using data and advanced analytics to make it more efficient and secure, but don't know if your data is sufficient, what access is needed, and what values can be realized?
Siemens Advanta and Microsoft are working together to address your core challenges and developing MindSphere City Graph - an Open Urban Platform, which supports digital models of urban design, providing rich context to enable the new generation of city applications. It is built on Siemens MindSphere cloud based open IoT platform, that connects all kind of devices and models the relationship between spaces, devices, and people in a graph. It utilizes Microsoft services including Azure Digital Twins, Azure IoT Hub, Azure Active Directory, ML and advanced analytics. The platform will offer cities the possibility to break through information silos and have for the first-time access to information put in proper context.
OUR SOLUTIONS AND SERVICES
Unleash the power of data for Smart Cities through openness, AI and live execution in Digital Twins.
To get a fair digital representation of a city we need to create a model of the reality and have the possibility to add context to the entities, e.g. relationships between city operational systems and data bases. Therefore, different domains (electricity, individual and public transportation, waste disposal, etc.) can be merged in one digital city model. Having a graph with entities of the real world and enriching them with live data coming from connected devices and integrated legacy systems and their relationships is the key enabler to control the present, track the past and predict the future.
- Digital Twin: Improve network capacity by providing Digital Twin – real time contextual data modeling
- Data Sources: Fast and easy deployment of complex relations of data sources
- The Cloud: Optimizing your business operations by connecting your existing assets and data sources
- Open urban IoT platform: Optimize operations through the integration of our Open urban IoT platform
- Open standard: Digital Twins are defined through the open sourced DTDL.
- Open Data: Data from the graph model or the data lake can be provided to the public as open data
- Built-in simulation engine: Operational configuration to test assumptions or new processes/procedures
- Community sharing: Implement the cross-city digital feedback loop GitHub for each use case – and share learnings and IoT evolutions
We are honored
that our groundbreaking solution MindSphere City Graph has already been recognized globally and awarded with the World Smart City 2020 Award in the category Urban Environment and the IDC Award in the category Resilient Infrastructure for our project with Aspern Smart City Research, recognizing pioneering projects, ideas, and strategies that make cities around the world more livable, sustainable, and economically viable.
Discover how we unlocked the full potential of ASCR
Aspern Smart City Research is the joint venture between the energy sector provider and network operator of Vienna and Siemens. It is about exploring solutions for the energy future within an urban development zone. The energy demand for e-car charging is already increasing significantly and will be one of the major energy consumers within a city’s infrastructure in the future. Siemens Advanta supported ASCR to find a solution on how they can model the energy demand of electrical vehicles and their impact on the electricity grid.